At City Chapel, we don't babysit kids on Sunday mornings. We empower families to raise up kids who love Jesus. That's why we have this resource to help you, as the parent, bring the teaching from Sunday morning to your dinner table.
Please read over the content with your kids and discuss how the lesson applies to their lives.
Be sure to check the challenge at the end. Thank you for taking the time to invest in your children's spiritual growth!
For toddlers (3-5 yrs)
A heart that matches God's heart is ready to do what is good? But how do you know if your heart matches God's heart? Get to know God though the bible, singing to God and praying. The story of David and Goliath shows David's heart that matches God's heart.
Stones Slings Giant Things
"God looked in David's heart. God saw David's heart matched his heart. David was ready to do what was good! When everyone else was afraid of Goliath, David said, "How dare he defy God's army? I will fight him!" David was ready to do what was good! King Saul offered David his armor. "No," said David. "God helped me kill wild beast. He'll help me fight Goliath!" David was ready to do what was good! David said, "I have the help of Israel's God!" David put a stone into the sling and threw it. David was ready to do what was good! David's stone struck Goliath's forehead and knocked him down. with God's help, David was a hero! David was ready to do what was good!"
(Parents: for each picture pass, ask the kids what it is. Ask them what the picture pass remind us of. Then ask the questions that follows)
What’s on this Picture Pass? This is the Bible! Read God's Bible!
1. Whose words are in the Bible? God's
2. Who do you get to know when you read the Bible? God
3. Why did God give us His Bible? To help us get to know him
What’s this Picture Pass? This is a guitar! Sing to God!
1. Do you have to have a guitar to make music? No
2. What can happen to your heart when you sing songs to God? It can grow to match God's heart.
3. What does Mr. Music like about David from the Bible? David wrote new songs for God and Mr. Music does, too.
What’s this Picture Pass? This shows praying hands! Talk to God!
1. What is it called when you talk to God to get to know him better? Praying
2. When you pray to God, can it help your heart grow to match God's heart? Yes
3. When can you pray to God? Everyday, all the time
Memory Verse: Titus 3:1 ....be ready to do what is good.
Big Idea: I get to know God.
FOR ELEMENTARY (6-11 YRS)
Fear, like any other feeling, does not define who we are. There are a lot of different kinds of fears: irrational fear, worry, anxiety, fear of failure, and concern over the reaction others will have when we choose God over them.
This series will help kids learn to identify when they're feeling fear, which fear they're feeling, and how to confront the fear with God’s power so it doesn’t control their thoughts, actions, and choices.
I’m so worried
Memory Verse: 1 Peter 5:7 "Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you."
Big Idea: I R.O.B. fear of its power when I trust God instead of worrying.
1. Why should you give all your worries and cares to God? He cares about you—even more than you do!
2. What is the one thing fear is afraid of? God’s truth
3. The Point says you can R.O.B. fear of its power. What do the R, O, and B stand for?
R: remember God’s truth.
O: open your mouth to say God’s truth.
B: battle it out by doing what you’re afraid to do.
4. When Alissa found out they made a lot of mistakes on Konnect station, she worried about everything else that could go wrong. What could she have done instead? Trust God to take care of the station and work with the crew to fix the problems.
5. Why should you believe God instead of your worries? God tells the truth and takes care of you. Worry fills you with fear and steals God’s peace, joy, and power from you.
6. Why do you think people get worried? Answers will vary.
Challenge: What can you do if you get worried about the same thing after you’ve already prayed about it?