Picking up litter guidelines:
- All volunteers must wear closed-toe, flat-heeled shoes. No sandals, no flip-flops, no clogs. Volunteers without closed-toe shoes cannot participate in the clean up.
- All volunteers must wear gloves (provided).
- Light-colored clothing and long-sleeved shirts are recommended. Put on your safety gear before traveling to your site and do not take it off on until you have left the roadside. It is recommended that you wear long pants.
- Meet at the church office: 1645 Main St. Buda at 8am and we will provide transportation to clean up area.
- Never risk injury. Stay completely off of paved areas and always remain at least six feet from any traffic lane. Use extreme caution when crossing conventional, two-lane highways; plan to use crosswalks and signals where available. Do not work on unstable or slippery ground, on bridges, in tunnels, or in drainage facilities. Avoid behaviors that will distract motorists; this includes working in groups of more than three or four persons.
- Drink plenty of water (provided).
- Material targeted for clean up is litter. Volunteers should NOT pick up any large, bulky items.
- You should limit your litter clean up activities to the areas adjacent to the road. Do not go onto private property/lots. Respect private property. Do not go onto any properties posted with "Private Property" or "No Trespassing" signs. Do not go onto property behind fences or gates. If you are asked to leave an area by someone claiming to be a property owner, please leave the area.
We Are Here To Reflect The Wonder & Beauty Of Jesus And Join Him In The Renewal Of Our City!
So...we adopted a road! Because we love Jesus by serving our community. Sign up below to help us clean this stretch of road located near Main St. Buda.